It’s time that we started normalizing kitchen essentials that make life easier! No, we’re not talking about banana slicers and electric coasters. If your spices tend to get lost behind those family-sized cereal boxes, listen up! Magnetic spice racks put your flavor agents front and center.
These storage devices free up cabinet and counter space. Moreover, they keep you from fumbling those time-sensitive recipes. Can you think of a more valuable kitchen element than spices? If you want to assemble meals quickly and without issue, now is the time to start focusing on your mise en place.
- The Best Pie Iron of 2020 – Unbiased Reviews
- The Best Meat Cleavers – Cut Through Anything in the Kitchen
- 10 of The Best Oven Safe Skillets for You to Try
- The Best Pizza Cutter – Buying Guide
- The Best Pot for Deep Frying – Unbiased Reviews
We spent hours mulling over the most popular magnetic spice jars. Here are some of the containers and racks that we’d be willing to use in our kitchen.
Topping off our list is Impresa’s 15-pack of magnetic hexagon-shaped spice jars. The set includes 15 jars, 15 magnetic lids, and 60 pre-printed labels. These charming jars come together to form a beehive-like cluster. They’re capable of transforming your kitchen clutter into an attractive and functional focal point.
Each spice jar lid boasts an ultra-strong neodymium magnet. As such, you should have no trouble sticking these to metal surfaces, including fridges, backsplashes, and more. Each jar holds roughly 1.75 ounces of dry spice.
You’ll find that there are labels for just about every spice, herb, and seasoning mixes. The stickers are clear with all-cap black print. They can be adhered directly to the base of the jar without cutting into your view of the spices.
If you have more than 15 spices in your cabinet, you can always order more. Unlike traditional spice racks, these magnetic jars set the stage for endless expansion. It’s worth noting that the jars’ brass tops close tightly, keeping your precious herbs from damaging air and moisture.
We love that these glass jars are dishwasher safe. We only wish that the covers had built-in pour and sprinkle spouts! Still, the openings are large enough to accommodate a measuring spoon.
- The hexagon-shaped jars are aesthetically pleasing.
- The jars can be pushed together to create a honey comb-like pattern.
- The ultra-strong neodymium magnets cling tightly to most metal surfaces.
- You don’t have to worry about your jars slipping under their own weight.
- The set comes with 60 easy-to-read pre-printed spice labels.
- The jar tops do not boast built-in sifters.
Households with bumbling children and pets are probably better off with spice containers that are a bit more durable. Juvale’s magnetic spice tins will never shatter upon impact. Since each canister has a PVC viewing window, chefs can catch a preview of their spices without having to remove the tops. While these containers are shatterproof, they still dent easily. As such, we strongly advise that you keep them up and out of the way of people and pets.
The containers cling to their surface until they are lifted. No slipping or sliding! The jar lids twist to reveal sprinkle and pour spouts.
The set includes 20 magnetic spice tins and 95 labels. The spice names have already been printed onto the labels. You need only peel and stick them onto the jars. Each jar can hold up to 3.4 ounces of material or just a little more than a full-sized spice container. The vessels are 2.75 inches in diameter and 2.25 inches in height. Their wide opening makes for tidier filling sessions.
These canisters are hand-wash only.
- The set includes 94 pre-printed spice labels. Just peel and stick!
- Each set holds a whopping 3.4 ounces of spice.
- Sprinkle and pour spouts are built into the sides of the tightly fitted lids.
- An ultra-strong magnetic sheet on the bottom of all 20 spice containers
- Translucent PVC viewing windows let you know how much spice you have left
- You cannot place these in the dishwasher.
- The containers dent easily.
If you’re looking to go a more traditional route, check out Impresa’s set of round magnetic spice jars. You can adhere the 15-piece magnetic spice racks to virtually any metal surface. We love the look of the included glass jars. Each container holds 4 ounces of spice, which much more than a traditional store-bought spice container. The jars feature large metal lids, each of which contains an ultra-strong magnet.
You’ll find it easy to organize your spices with the help of the included labels. The airtight containers will preserve the freshness of your spices and herbs until you’re ready to add them to your next culinary creation.
We love that these clear containers let homeowners show off the natural color and texture of their spices. The translucent jars also make it easier for chefs to keep tabs on their ingredient levels. You’ll never have to fumble through your cabinets again!
- The magnets stick to virtually any metal surface in the kitchen.
- You don’t have to worry about these jars slipping and sliding under the weight of their contents.
- Pre-printed label stickers make it easy for you to organize your spices.
- The transparent glass bases let you show off the textures and colors of your favorite ingredients.
- The labels are easy to read. However, the print is very small.
Here we have yet another set of magnetic spice tins. This set comes with 20 tins. Each container has a durable tin top with easy to engage sift and pour features. The tins adhere to fridges, ovens, hoods, and grills. We love that this set makes it easy for home cooks to stay organized. The tin lids don’t show off the contents of the containers. If you’re looking for a more uniform storage option, this may be the one for you.
These tins are suitable for a lifetime of use. They’re easy to clean. If you don’t have 20 spices, you might consider using your extras to store small, easy cluttered items, such as nuts, bolts, and paper clips. The jars’ large circumferences make them easy to fill. Keep in mind that the thin metal walls dent easily.
- Twist-engaged sift and pour features are built into the sides of each tin lid.
- This set comes with 20 tins, each with a built-in magnetic and matching top.
- Pre-printed spice labels are included
- Makes for uniform storage
- Frees up shelf and counter space
- The tin walls are easily dented.
This spice storage set includes 24 magnetic spice tins and 200 labels. We found the labels’ bold, white font to be easy to read. Customers also receive 40 blank labels and a white paint pen, should they need to label an uncommon ingredient. The labels are waterproof. As such, you don’t have to worry about them peeling off in the middle of a cleaning session.
The tops of these tins boast BPA-free windows. These make it easy for you to find your spices. The set comes with a complimentary measuring spoon set. The spoons nest together nicely. They are connected by a removable metal O-ring.
These magnetic spice containers are incredibly practical and inexpensive. They’ll help you conserve your kitchen storage and maintain a steady pace when cooking complicated recipes.
- Transparent viewing windows make it easy for you to see what is inside each tin
- Includes 160 waterproof spice labels
- Comes with 40 blank labels and a white paint marker
- Comes with a complimentary set of stainless steel measuring spoons
- Strong magnets do not slip or slide under the pressure of heavy contents
- Spices can get trapped between the pour holes and tin rim, making it difficult for you to close the containers
This Zoie + Chloe Magnetic Spice Set Rack will brighten up your cooking area. The set includes six colorful metal spice containers, each with a magnetic pad and see-through lid. Sifting and pour holes make it easy for you to transfer your spices from jar to pot. The vibrantly colored containers prove that simple isn’t always better. If that isn’t a reminder that carries into the world of spice and flavor, we don’t know what is!
The jars are designed to adhere to the included metal rack. The rack can be hung from a wall. However, there is also a small metal bar in the back that allows you to prop it up on a counter or other horizontal surface.
You can always ditch the rack. Stick these jars directly onto any metal surface, such as a stove hood or refrigerator. Be sure to fill the compact set with your most readily used spices and herbs.
- Six vibrantly colored spice jars
- Durable aluminum walls with transparent windows
- The containers measure 2 inches in height, 2 ½ inches in diameter.
- Each container can hold roughly 4 ounces of dry material.
- Includes a sleek metal spice rack with a support bar that can be set at a light angle
- Labels are not included
If you don’t have a magnetic surface in your kitchen, consider this alternative. The Sanvcomy set comes with a mountable metal tray and a dozen magnetic spice tins. You can attach this sleek silver rectangle to anything. The containers’ powerful magnetic backs cling tightly to the tray. The tray boasts designated spots for each of the spice containers.
The jars’ transparent window lets you take a peek at the contents before removing the lids. A twistable top reveals pour and sprinkle spouts.
Food-grade stainless steel is one of the easiest materials to maintain. Unlike glass and plastic, it never holds onto dyes and odors. You might even consider purchasing an extra set for the office. The Sanvcomy jars are just the right size for art supplies, sewing stuff, and other essentials.
Users must install the adhesive magnets on their own.
- Pour and sprinkle spouts
- Durable stainless steel containers
- A stainless steel base, should you lack a magnetic surface in your kitchen
- Transparent viewing windows
- Easy to install
- Loosely fitted caps allow finely ground spices to escape
- You must apply the adhesive magnets yourself.
Are you still not sold on the idea of transferring spices from one container to another? This magnetic spice rack lets you choose what spice containers you put on display. The black rack is equipped with a super-powerful magnetic sheet. However, users may also use the provided hardware to install it permanently.
The magnetic rack can support up to 5 pounds of spices. It can be attached to virtually any metal surface in the house. Since this set comes with two racks, there should have enough room for spices. The possibilities are endless when it comes to the Msbenick!
- Supports up to 5 pounds of spices without slipping
- Backed with a powerful magnet
- Optional screw mounts (comes with all the mounting essentials)
- You choose what containers to display
- Keeps your spices and herbs within arms reach
- Does not come with a set of uniform spice jars
Rounding off our list is this incredible set of universal spice jar gripper clips. These magnetic fasteners instantly transform store-bought spice jars into a magnetic spice rack. No messy spice transfers are required!
Each clip expands to accommodate any bottle that is 1 ¾ to 2 inches in diameter. However, some users complained that the grippers were not strong enough to hold their heaviest glass spice containers. Of course, the grippers can be attached to virtually any metal surface. They’re easily removed and rearranged.
The grippers attach directly to the outside of refrigerator doors and other metal surfaces. They free up space while keeping your spices close at hand. The fasteners come in sets of 12 and 24. If you have any extras, you can use them to organize your medicine cabinet!
- Use them for all sorts of small containers, including medicines, spices, and essential oils
- A clever solution for store-bought spices
- The side clips can be attached to virtually any metal surfaces
- No screws, nails, or other permanent hardware required for installation
- You can use these on different sized bottles.
- They do not grasp the heavy square-shaped glass spice containers very well.
Organize and extend the life of your spices. The Zevro Zero-Gravity Spice Rack is designed to be mounted directly on the wall. It comes with 12 1 3/4-ounce plastic spice canisters. Each canister has a silver exterior with a small viewing window. The canister’s tops rotate to expose lock, sprinkle, and pour settings.
The canisters are airtight. As such, you can expect your spices to last longer and taste better. Just transfer your favorite products into the container.
- Comes with 12 plastic canisters
- Mount the rack on your wall
- The spice containers attach to the rack with the help of powerful magnets
- Each silver spice canister boasts a vertical viewing window
- Set the canister lids to pour or sprinkle
- Attractive modern design that pairs well with most kitchen aesthetics
- Includes a screw template for easier placement
- The included labels do not adhere to the canisters well.
How to Choose the Best Magnetic Spice Jars
While magnetic spice storage may sound daunting, they’re really very accommodating. These kitchen storage solutions make cooking, shopping, cleaning, and organizing all the easier. There are so many options out there; you’re sure to find something that works for you and your family. Here’s what you need to think about before making your purchase.
Here are your main options when it comes to magnetic spice storage.
Magnetic spice jars have a lot to offer. First off, the transparent glass containers let you get a sneak peek of your spices. The lids are usually steel or tin, with some sort of super-powerful magnet. The containers can be attached to virtually any metal surface in the kitchen. Some of them even come with metal trays and snazzy sticker labels.
The downside of glass containers is that they are fragile. If you or your family members are exceptionally clumsy, you might be better off with a more resilient storage solution.
Speaking of resilience, tins are some of the most durable magnetic spice containers out there. More often than not, these small metal vessels feature viewing windows. So, you don’t need to give up the transparency offered by the glass alternatives. While metal does dent when it falls to the floor or is shipped poorly, it’s still the best option for a bustling, kid-filled household.
Magnetic spice racks are an excellent alternative for people who don’t like the idea of transferring spices from one container to another. While some magnetic spice racks do come with uniform jar sets, most can easily accommodate a mixture of store-bought spice containers. We love that these storage solutions put spices front and center. You’ll never find yourself digging around the dusty back corners of your cabinets in search of a must-have yet missing recipe element.
Grippers are small plastic or metal clips that wrap around the neck of store-bought spice bottles. Most grippers can accommodate spice containers of all shapes and sizes. You don’t have to waste time transferring your spices or cleaning up the aftermath.
You don’t want to change up your spice system only to be further inconvenienced. Choose jars and racks that are highly functional. Containers with clear sides or viewing windows let you get a preview of their contents. Containers with built-in magnets will enable you to utilize some of that unused vertical space in your kitchen. Of course, containers with multiple pour settings are always more accommodating.
Most magnetic spice racks are chic enough to be paired with any type of kitchen. Look for sets that have been constructed of metal or glass. The containers should be uniform in shape. The vessels should boast viewing windows or labels for easier identification.
Why Invest in a Magnetic Spice Rack?
There are so many reasons to invest in a magnetic spice rack! First off, these containers help you stay organized. With less clutter, you’ll spend less time looking for ingredients. Organization is attractive. There’s no denying the fact that a dozen uniform glass jars are more charming than a hodge-podge of store-bought containers.
Reusable spice jars are also incredibly eco-friendly. Many grocery stores will allow you to refill your containers. This will save you money while keeping unnecessary packaging out of the waste stream,
Shouldn’t I keep my spices in a cool, dark area?
Light and heat can indeed purge spices of their coveted flavors. Still, most people already leave their most commonly used seasonings out. If preservation concerns you, opt for airtight, light-blocking spice containers like those in the Zevro Zero Gravity Magnetic Spice Rack set. Fill your jars with the spices you use most often.
We hope you enjoyed our roundup of the top magnetic spice containers. After careful consideration, we’re happy to name Impresa’s 15-Pack of Hexagon Magnetic Spice Jars as our top pick. First off, we love that these uniquely shaped containers form a beehive-like cluster when they’re side-by-side. For once, you’ll be proud to leave your ingredients out. Moreover, after a quick transfer, no one’s going to know whether you’re using name-brand or generic spices. If transferring spices isn’t your cup of tea, be sure to check out Magnetic Spice Rack Gripper Clips. This clever kitchen storage solution will save you cabinet and counter space. Plus, you won’t find yourself searching for lost spices again.